Penang Aiming to Host the World's Largest Dragon Boat Race

Labels: , , ,

Thursday, 31 July 2008
Setting a new world record......
I got to know that Penang is organizing the world's largest dragon boat race after reading The Star newspaper this morning. Though I know that Penang did organized dragon boat race every year ( if I'm not mistaken), but this time they are planning to host the largest festival. Coincidentally, former British Prime Minister, Tony Blair was in a visit to Malaysia on Tuesday to attend the 22nd Sultan Azlan Shah Law Lecture in Kuala Lumpur and State Tourism, Culture, Arts and Heritage Commitee chairman, Danny Law Heng Kiang is planning to invite him to attend the event.
[To read the whole article from The Star...]

Biggest Dragon Boat Race Ever
Penang aims to get event inscribed in book of records
By: CHRISTINA CHIN


Pictures of newspaper cuttings that have been cut into 2 pieces for easier viewing
(PLEASE CLICK THE PICTURE FOR BIGGER VIEW)


Self-declaring holiday.....

Muahahha....starting today, I will not go to school until next Tuesday so that I can do my home-study for my mid-term exam on next Wednesday till Saturday(ya, I will be having school on that Sat. as it is a "cuti ganti" for Hari Raya). Seriously, I need to do some studying or not I will fail my final exam because I didn't really touch my textbooks since MY MID-YEAR EXAM! Been playing Maple all the time....

Can't wait for solar eclipse....
Until now, I am still not sure whether I'm able to see the solar eclipse on 1st of August from my place(Penang, Malaysia). Anyway, I can still see the photos from internet. :)





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment