Gaining New Experience-Abseiling

Labels:

Sunday, 6 July 2008
4 in 1 Day.......
Yesterday, I went to school because it was a Co-curriculum Day & Hari Senithon & Hari Kluster & Hari Pelancaran Bulan Kecergasan. Yes.....4 events in one day. In fact, I wasn't planning to go to school at all but think back, I had already paid RM4 for the abseiling event. All of us were required to line up at the Perdana Field by 7.30am. We were waiting for the VIP to arrive, who is the Deputy Minister of Education II of Malaysia, Y.B. Dato' Razali bin Ismail. He was greeted with lion dance team and "kompang" team from our own school girls. Man!!! Dato' Razali really knows how to make jokes. He made the whole crowd laughing during his speech.

Dancing.......
After everyone's speeches, we needed to sing all the songs from national anthem, Negaraku to our school song. Immediately after that, the "Senam Seni" or called as The Exercise of Arts(my grammar sucks...) started. It is actually a combination of dances from different cultures such as Tarian Zapin(Malay dance), Silat(Malay martial art), Chinese Dance, Indian Dance, and a few more if I'm not mistaken. Gosh..... those showing the steps on top of the stage were all TEACHERS!!! How cool is that.....I didn't really much do most of the dances or moves. Wait till I post a video on my friend doing the dance....

Blur case.......
Practically after that, we didn't do much as me and my 3 friends were waiting turns to go for the abseiling thing. There were 2 events organised by the school's Sport Section which are the abseiling and another one is flying fox. I chose abseiling as I was eager to try it. Flying fox seems more fun but you just need to slide down and that's the end of the story. We waited from like 10am till 11am because there was some technical issues and a "blur teacher". That teacher called us to wait up there for our turns but she didn't give us the equipment to wear. So, we were like waiting for our turn up at the building for the whole hour.

Miracle......
I was like getting more nervous as every minutes had passed. In the end, when the instructor called us down again to wear the equipments, it was like 11am. Me and another friend had duties. So, we left. Actually, I sort of giving up of doing the abseiling thing. Honestly, I chickened out.(= ='). So, I decided to go back at 12pm instead of 2pm. But then, miracle happened. My friend, May Lyn asked for my help to find her sister because she needed to inform her sister that they were going back at 12pm too. So, me and May Lyn went on finding and finding until we reached the abseiling area.

2 decisions......
Then, I saw my 3 friends again. They were still waiting. The earlier friend that went for duty had came back there and wait for her turn. So, they were persuading me to do abseiling thing. At first, one of them called me to help them tell teacher that we were here first when waiting for the turn. However, at that time was like 11.45pm, and my friends still haven't get their turns. So, I helped them to tell the "blur teacher" and finally we got our turns to do the abseiling FIRST! My friend, May Lyn went on looking for her sister and I went to do the abseiling thing. (Don't need to say it, I know I suck, having to left May Lyn alone finding her sis......but if I don't do the abseiling, I wasted my RM4...plz understand my feeling)

On top of the world(lol, only 3 storeys).......
When I was up there hanging on top of the 3 storeys building, I don't really feel the scariness nor the nervousness. It was that excitement that pushed me to do it. I did 2 "jumps"(not sure the correct word) down the building and the rest, I couldn't hang on anymore. So, I was like sliding down the rope and when I reached the ground,....PHEW!!!! I said in my mind, "I am safed now". But, my hands were burning at the moment. It hurted a lot. Whatever it is, I have done the abseiling and I HAD CONQUERED MY FEAR!!! That's the best part of it. At that time was around 12.20pm and I told my father to come and fetch me at 12pm.

Swt......pitty him waiting for me outside the gate.

Of course I'm not that pro..

Tarian Zapin (Zapin Dance)



Lion Dance





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment