KICK THE HABIT! TOWARDS A LOW CARBON ECONOMY

Labels:

Logo for World Environment Day 2008
Thursday, 5 June 2008
World Environment Day....
Yeah, that's the slogan for World Environment Day(WED) 2008-Kick The Habit! Towards A Low Carbon Economy. I totally agree with the slogan. We must change the way we handle our economy industries towards a low carbon economy instead. I didn't want to write much about this topic....just included links and widgets(wanna save electricity).

THAT'S WHY I PLEDGE TO:


  • Reduce My Mapling Time
  • Reduce My Internet Surfing Time
  • Reduce My Blogging Time
  • Reduce Everything That Involves Electricity
  • Walk Whenever Possible
  • and Whatever That Can Help The Helpless World Right Now

Links for World Environment Day:
  1. UNEP(WED 2008)
  2. Wikipedia
  3. UN
  4. UNDP
  5. Environment Agency (UK)
  6. Sustainability.Gov.Nz
  7. SustainabilityWiz (World's First Online Sustainability Platform For School Community)
  8. Interesting Environmental Facts
  9. Environmental Myths and Facts
  10. World Environment News (PlanetArk)

Some Widgets From National Geographic:
(not really connected to World Environment Day)

Green Guide Tip of The Week

Mysteries of The Ancient World Game

Video

Daily News

Photo of The Day


Rising Price of Fuel....
That is also conjunction with the rising price of fuel in my country(Malaysia) right now. RM2.70 per liter of fuel is the price of fuel right now. It is an increased of 78sen which is 40%. Yesterday, it was a hot topic in my family. My brother was talking non-stop about the effect of that increasement in my family and he was murmuring, nagging all the time. As I was travelling to my uncle's house yesterday, I saw the traffic jam was so bad until we took 40mins to reach my uncle's house that usually took us about 15mins. I didn't catch a photo of that scene but I linked this photo here from Utusan Malaysia Online.

A Traffic Jam Scene Seen in Kampung Baru, KL.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment