Mozilla 3

Labels:

Wednesday, 18 June 2008
Mozilla's Download Day......
Finally, Mozilla 3 is ready to be officially downloaded by everyone on earth right now!!! Cheers!! I have been waited for so long for this moment since I, personally like Mozilla very much. I heard and read that Mozilla 3 has many new features, some of them are improvement to the old version. So, I really can't wait to see my new browser. Anyway, they are setting a world record of most downloaded software in a single day!!! So, let's us all support this. For those who are not using Mozilla, I really recommended you guys to use it because it's totally much better than IE7. But who knows for IE8?? It might be better than Firefox 3. Nonetheless, my favourite is still Firefoxxxx....

First impression....
When I first installed the Mozilla 3, as I was using the Nasa Launch Theme I couldn't really can see much of the differences with the old version. So, I switched to the default theme. That's when I can see so much of the differences in much clearer way.

  • First, is definitely the bookmark list. It has been improved so much that it looks cooler and easier to sort right now. There is even a Smart Bookmarks folder on the Bookmark toolbar.
  • Then, it is the little, small star icon on the location bar there. It indicates whether the page you are viewing now has been bookmarked or not. If it is yellow in colour, then the webpage is already had been bookmarked. If it is not, you can simply just click once on the star to bookmark it in the Unsorted Bookmark folder. Click it again to edit the bookmark, either to delete the bookmark or add some descriptions.
  • Next, is the so called Awesome Bar. Actually it is the Location bar. Now, you can easily find a page by just type the keyword there and a drop-down list of websites will appear in front of you.
  • Now, it is also much easier to organize your add-ons to this browser. They even included a feature when you can see a list of recommended add-ons for you to choose to install them.
  • The safety feature too has improved. For example, try visiting the PayPal website. You can see a green icon on the Awesome Bar. It indicates that the page has been encrypted to prevent eavesdropping. Though, I don't really know what it means but I guess it is just to increase the safety and give more privacy.
  • The icons on the Navigation toolbar looks better now especially for the forward and backward arrow. I don't really the homepage icon as it is too small to be noticeable(not to say I can't see it).
  • I read something about the zooming part although I don't really can notice any much of the difference because usually I don't use this zooming feature.
Conclusion: You have to use it to know it....

Download Day - English




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment