Lee Chong Wei - Our Hope For The First Ever Gold For Malaysia

Labels: ,

Sunday, 17 August 2008
Malaysia's history in badminton in Olympic........

1992 Barcelona Games
  • Razif Sidek and Jailani Sidek - Bronze(Doubles)

1996 Atlanta Games
  • Cheah Soon Kit and Yap Kim Hock - Silver(Doubles)
  • Rashid Sidek - Bronze(Singles)

It started when the badminton game became a medal sport in the 1992 Barcelona Games - if I'm not mistaken. I was borned in that year. So, I didn't get to watch Razif Sidek and Jailani Sidek won their bronze medal in the doubles. To be precise, I don't even know how to watch TV at that time. Sob.... Next, Cheah Soon Kit and Yap Kim Hock won the first ever silver medal for Malaysia. In that same Olympic Game, Rashid Sidek too had won the bronze medal in the singles.That ends our medal earning in the Olympic badminton.......But the story continues tonight...

Hoping to make history...
Tonight, at 8.48pm(+8GMT) a badminton match will be on between Lee Chong Wei(Malaysia) vs Lin Dan(China). Lee Chong Wei is trying to get the first ever Olympic gold for our nation. This is very exciting for me. I have been waiting for this moment for really long time. I know he has the capability to beat Lin Dan aka Super Dan. It is still 50-50 in terms of percentage of winning the match. But, I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY...... want him to become Malaysia's first ever Olympic gold medallist.

End of my post.....
I will write another post after the match. I hope the title will be like.."CHONG WEI HAD DONE IT!!!!" and not like..."CHONG WEI FAILED TO BECOME MALAYSIA'S FIRST EVER OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALLIST". That would be a disaster for me and the whole nation. But then, if he gives his best in that match, it is okay for him to lose or whatsoever. No matter what, like always my mother says, "There is gonna be a lose side and a winning side in a game. Accept it...."


CHONG WEI, WE SUPPORT U!

MALAYSIA BOLEH!









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment