Nearing My Freedom

Labels: , ,

Thursday, 22 May 2008
(1.55am).....
Yes, at last after today's last exam paper, Additional Mathematics I am free!!! MERDEKA!!! But for now, I have to stay up and not study but play some games, blogging and surfing the net first before I do some exercises on the subject. Actually, I didn't stay up all night for fun. In fact, I have been getting into this kind of habit of sleeping these few days(Aphm Kong Chiau). First, I reach home at 3pm. Then, starting to sleep from 4pm until 11pm. That's a total of 7 hours!!! After that, only I bathe and eat my dinner. What a way of life...

Hiking....
I went hiking on Monday, 19 May 2008. I didn't write a post as I was too lazy. That was my first time hiking and it felt great although it was a little bit of tiring. I went hiking at the 'Bukit Jambul' hill spot. I don't know what's the official name of the place but I know it's somewhere near INTI(International College Penang). The hill was really steep for me and I had to use a lot of force to push me up by climbing on the rocks and grabbing on the tree roots. Even the child my mother was baby-sitting followed us there. She is around 5 years old this year. I can see that she was really excited to go there. There was a just a small problem for her to climb because she was wearing a pair of slippers. Fortunately, she got some help from my uncle who is around 50 years old and he practically climbs the hill approximately 4-5 times per WEEK!!!

I don't even think my father could do that almost every single day. My muscles were aching since Tuesday afternoon especially near my thigh. Gosh..the condition got worse day after day until today I had problems climbing up and down my schools' stairs. Actually, I was quite surprised that I had agreed to follow my mom and my uncle to go for hiking as I usually don't like going out. I guess I just don't like going out for eg. shopping and instead I prefer to do recreational activities like jogging, playing badminton, hiking, and stuffs like that.

Xtra: Top 50 Tech Visionaries(the people of tech-geek)

'Twin' Disasters in Asia......
I have figured out that maybe I should write something about the two disasters that happened in Asia recently.

Cyclone Nargis in Myanmar
Before that, I just want to say about the difference between cyclone, typhoon and hurricane. Actually they are all describing the same thing but with different names. Some countries like HongKong called it as typhoon while in the West, the people there called it as hurricane. Alright back to the topic. I didn't really get to read much about the aftermath of the cyclone Nargis in Myanmar in my favourite newspaper, TheStar nowadays. As far as I know, the Junta in that country are restricting the aid from other countries. Not to say that they are restricting, but just they are being 'too' cautious about receiving aid from the others.

In this case, I felt that the military Junta in Myanmar didn't realize something. If they know that they cannot handle the situations now in their country, then give a chance for the others to lend them a hand. Don't be stubborn or try to be 'showing off' to do something that you're not capable of doing. I am sure you will learn something in the end. Moreover, I pitied the victims of the cyclone there. They are not getting the aid needed and I heard diseases like cholera is spreading. This results caused by the government itself. That's why I'm angry and disappointed with the government of Myanmar. I hope they will allow more aid to be poured in the country before more people died or get suffered more.

Sizhuan Earthquake in China
Although the consequences of this earthquake to the victims are really bad, but I am pleased to know that the Chinese government are trying hard to help the victims. At least, the government there had sent tens of thousands of people to help in rescuing the people who are trapped under the buildings. They even supplied tents for the homeless people.

However, after reading about 'Why so many buildings collapsed especially schools after the quake?' I really do wonder the truth behind the corruption between the ministries. If it is not true, why would a lot of the buildings collapsed during the earthquake. I know that 7.9 magnitude of earthquake is not small but even so, still why most of the collapsed buildings are schools? I think the Chinese government should look serious into this matter before another earthquake strikes the country again and more people lose their lives.

Conclusion
Nonetheless, I am so sorry to hear about the two disasters that have occurred in Myanmar and China. I prayed for them and hope that every victims will be strong in going through this as one of the challenges by god. The journey of life is still long. Stay strong!!! The victims especially the children whose their legs and hands are amputated must face the reality and not be too sad about it. The victims must remember that the doctors did the amputation just to save valuable human lifes. So, appreciate the second chance given.

Xtra: CNN China Earthquake Videos
CNN Cyclone Nargis




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment