CNY Rush-Hour

Labels:

1) Happy Chinese New / “Niu” Year!

I noticed I haven’t wished everyone Chinese New Year yet. Paiseh..Seriously, it had been a busy 3 days. Begins with:

A) 30th night / Sa-Chap-Meh [Hokkien]

This is the day for a reunion dinner. As for me, I can say it as “Reunion Breakfast” since my family decided to have it in the morning. This is also the first time we are having it with my sister-in-law. Everything was nice especially the BBQed-in-the-microwaveoven chicken. I just like drinking the “Tu-Toh-Th’ng---soup with pig intestinebut I don’t eat the pig intestine. Too bad la…

[Updated with a pic]

The reunion breakfast

Morning – eat at home, afternoon - went to my auntie’s house and night – to my uncle’s house. Probably that sums up everything.

B) 1st day of Chinese New Year / Che-Yit

I call it “The Day of AngPau” as you will be receiving angpau from people:

  • Who are already married
  • Who are older than us

THE TERMS APPLIED ONLY “WORKS” IF ONLY THEY ARE GENEROUS ENOUGH TO GIVE US THE ANGPAU.

And it’s also the day of “Red Chinese People --- AngLang” because everywhere you will see Chinese people wearing red clothes. The government called us to follow the rules but we never follow. But, when comes to red clothes during CNY, everyone does it without any commands. A natural magic.

So, the first day practically I used it to play pakau---poker’s card at my uncle’s house. My luck wasn’t that good. Always getting Eiuhkoh---1pt/AkhKia---2pts just like my mother. No luck people. Lost couples of ringgits to my cousins.

C) 2nd day of Chinese New Year / Che-Ji

This year I brought back my PS2 to my uncle’s house in Teluk Kumbar. I wanted to play Fatal Frame there yesterday but must go back home earlier since my mom’s not feeling well. She puked.

Haiz, gave out too much angpau on 1st day of CNY, so she can’t stand the CNY pressure. Plus, there’s recession. My mom’s feeling the HEAT!

2)Ten Years of Google

3) Streamyx sucks again [Edited]

Almost forgotten to say it out. Now, my streamyx sucks hard! It’s so slow that the Google.com homepage takes tens of seconds to load up. Most probably because of holiday. Anyone experiencing the same,slow streamyx?

4) Personal Favourite Articles/Sites on the Web

News [CNN]

Web [Megaleecher, GoogleOperatingSystem, Gizmodo]

Weird but True [PopSci, Gizmodo]

Tips and Tricks [TechnixUpdate]





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment